TIDE User Agreement
Welcome to TIDE, a website maintained by NATO at tide.act.nato.int.
Use of this website is offered to you on your acceptance of this User Agreement
and other notices posted on this website. Your use of this website indicates your
acknowledgment and agreement to this User Agreement and other notices posted on this
website. If you do not agree to be bound by and comply with all of the foregoing,
you may not access or use any of this website's data. NATO as the
owner of TIDE shall have the right, at its sole discretion,
to modify, add or remove any terms or conditions of this User Agreement without
notice or liability to you. Any changes to this User Agreement shall be effective
immediately following the posting of such changes on this website.
The most recent version of this User Agreement may always be found on this website.
You agree to review this User Agreement from time to time and agree that any
subsequent use by you of this website following changes to this User Agreement
shall constitute your acceptance of all such changes.
This website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide
specific commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax, or legal advice.
It is provided to you solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not
for purposes of resale, public display or any other uses by you in any form or
manner whatsoever. Unless otherwise indicated on this website, you may display,
download, archive, reformat and print a single copy of any information on this
website for such personal use. The TIDE website owner and
other site contributors have used its best efforts to obtain the most accurate
and timely information available, all of which are complex and subject to rapid change.
Accordingly, we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, reliability or completeness
of any of the information contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website.
The performance of this website and all information contained on, downloaded or
accessed from this website are provided to you on an "as is" basis, without
warranties of any kind whatsoever, including fitness for a particular purpose
or non-infringement of the rights of third parties. The TIDE
website owner shall be not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction
of any computer systems, servers, access providers, equipment, software, or any
combination thereof including any injury or damage to your or any other person's
computer as a result of using this website. The TIDE website
owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, disable access to
or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part or this entire website or
any information contained thereon without liability or notice to you.
As a visitor to our website, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on or use
by you of any information available on this website shall be entirely at your own risk.
In no event shall the TIDE website owner nor any of its
data providers be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or exemplary
damages arising from the use or the performance of this website, even if the
TIDE website owner or such provider has been advised of the
possibility of such damages.
User Conduct and Obligations
You agree to follow all applicable laws and regulations when using this website.
Furthermore, you agree that you shall not:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit through or to this website any content that:
- is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
- might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others.
- contains any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, or any other harmful programs or elements.
- disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of our website, its computer systems, servers or networks.
- provide false information about yourself to us, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or the origin of any content, message or other communication.
- transmit junk mail, chain letters, or other unsolicited bulk e-mail or duplicative messages.
- collect information about other visitors to our website without their consent or otherwise systematically extract data or data fields, including without limitation any financial data or e-mail addresses.
- sell access to or the use of this website, including any content contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website.
- redistribute any content provided by us in any manner whatsoever including by means of printed publication, fax broadcast, web pages, e-mail, web newsgroups or forums, or any other electronic or paper-based service or method.
- intentionally alter the format in which data is provided by us or otherwise circumvent our regular interfaces to such data and By uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting through or to our website any content, you grant to us, our successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, non-revocable licence to use or distribute such content in any manner.
- has a security classification above “Unclassified” or international/national equivalent.
- has a releasability marking above “Releasable to Internet/Public” without being restricted to registered users of this website.
- Share, disclose, or distribute your login credentials for this website.
Indemnification by User
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our representatives harmless
from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, or expense (including reasonable
legal fees) asserted by any third party relating in any way to your use of this
website or breach of this User Agreement. We reserve the right to assume the
exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you,
which shall not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Third party web sites, content
Links or pointers to other web sites are provided to you for convenience only
and do not constitute an endorsement or approval by us or the organizations
that operate such web sites; the content, privacy policies or other User
Agreements on such web sites. As we have no control or responsibility over
web sites or content maintained by other organizations, we do not assume any
liability for your use of any of the foregoing, which use you acknowledge and
agree shall be at your own risk.
Trademarks on this website are the property of their respective owners and
must be clearly marked as such. The content on this website may be used by you
only for your personal, non-commercial use as provided for in this User Agreement,
but may not be taken out of context or presented in a misleading or discriminatory
manner. Any rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us.
If any provision of this User Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable in any respect
by any court having competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be enforced to the
maximum extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these User Agreement
shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of this User Agreement
shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision
of this User Agreement. You agree that this User Agreement and other notices posted
on this website have been drawn up in English.
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that the website owner may collect
and use your information, as discussed in this User Agreement, outside your resident
jurisdiction. In addition, such information may be stored on servers located outside
your resident jurisdiction. By providing the TIDE website owner
with your information, you acknowledge that you have read this User Agreement,
understand it, agree to its terms and consent to the transfer of such information
outside your resident jurisdiction. If you do not agree to be bound by and comply
with all of the foregoing, you may not access or use our contact information, services,